Introduction to Industrial Relations
US$101.00 – US$126.25
Thank you for your expressed interest in selected Program. There are no assigned dates at this time however we do encourage customised sessions where we will be happy to discuss more detail with you. Kindly contact our Programs Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and thank you for choosing the Massy Learning Institute.
Good business depends on healthy relationships. Most critical are the relationships between employers and employees. Navigate challenges smoothly with our suite of Industrial Relations programmes, beginning with this one. This course will introduce you to an overview of the essentials—disciplinary procedures and the grievance process, conciliations and the arbitration process, and the pivotal role of HR in creating a harmonious work culture and a willing, productive team.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand key concepts underpinning the term “Industrial Relations”.
- Appreciate its relevance and application in the employer/employee relationship.
- Understand the overarching legal framework guiding Industrial Relations, including:
- Bilateral Interfacing. This involves learning to navigate one-on-one meetings and meetings with a representative of the worker—and to understand the differences between them.
- Dissecting the processes and procedures associated with the legislative framework guiding the Ministry of Labour.
- Understanding the procedures and processes of the Industrial Court, differentiating between the purpose and actions of the Court and the Ministry of Labour.
- Identify the tenets of progressive discipline, understanding the principles that guide its application and interrogating international guidelines.